By Matt Kolberg, Application Specialist at SolidCAD
A new update for Civil 3D 2019 has just been released. You can find it in the usual places; the Desktop App or your Autodesk Account. Here is the ReadMe; note that AutoCAD 2019.1.2 must be installed prior to this new Civil 3D update.
See this video outlining some of the new functionality.
As always, updates contain fixes to known defects and some new functionality. Here are the notable new features:
- Transparent commands are now included in their own ribbon.
- Transparent commands can now be accessed via the right click menu.
- There is some new transparent command functionality with Alignment Station and Offset. This in the name of efficiency and it’s an excellent addition.
- Linear crossings in profile views. This is, in this blogger’s opinion, is arguably revolutionary! For many years users have requested the ability to display in profile where something crosses your alignment. Another alignment, feature line, etc. now we can.
- UNC paths for projects.
- Sample lines data shortcuts are “Vaultable”.
- Property set data is supported in LadnXML.
- Rail platform edge improvements.