By Mughees Altaf , Account Manager — AEC Productivity Tools at SolidCAD
Keeping Your Revit Model Healthy by Utilizing CTC Express Tools
Many firms struggle to fully keep their Revit models healthy. There are manual, and tedious workflows that can be error prone.
Do you want to do a thorough health check of your model prior to sending it out? Exhausting time checking to ensure information is correct, accurate and consistent across the project team, and projects can be tedious. Let’s look at a few tools from CTC Software that can help you make this process quicker and more effective project to project.
- BIM Manager Suite – Dimension Checker, Project Cleaner*, Type Swapper, Shared Parameter Manager, Family Processor, Import Link Manager
- BIM Batch Suite – Family Loader*, Family Exporter*, Plotter & Exporter
- BIM Project Suite – Model Compare, Spreadsheet Link
Problems We Face
- We need to have, and should have standards
- Standards can be hard to maintain
- Standards can be cumbersome and tedious
- Consistency can be hard to track manually
Workflow Process with 3 CTC Tools
Shared Parameter Manager – Much easier way to manage your shares parameters compared to the out of the box method. Browse your master shared parameters file and compare to a source file. Filter differences between the master and source file, and add, modify, delete, move, duplicate, and find/replace.
Family Processor – Able to make multiple changes to multiple families in batch to ensure the content’s schedules are consistent and accurate. Powerful when you are building a library, adding new content, or downloading content from manufacturers. Builds a summary health check file of each family so the BIM Management team is able to track new or changed content.
Family Loader* – Once the content is up to date and standardized by using Shared Parameter Manager, and Family Processor, you can batch load those specific fixed or new families in a project.
Contact SolidCAD to discover and evaluate your current workflow in Revit and let us find the right solution for you.